Women in Saudi Arabia – level 1
Saudi Arabia is a Muslim country. It is in the Middle East. Saudi women are not as free as women in the West. Each woman must have a guardian.
The guardians tell women what they can or cannot do. For example, a woman must ask her guardian if she can get a job.
Some people want to change this system. Some people want to keep it. Now, there are some laws which will help women be a little freer.
Soon women will be able to leave Saudi Arabia. They will not have to ask their guardians. However, the women must be 21 or older.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.