WonderCon – level 1
In Anaheim, California, a big event and meeting happens every year. It is called WonderCon. People of all ages come. They come to see all types of fandom. They can learn about games, comics, TV shows, movies, and books.
Thousands of cosplayers also come. They wear costumes and make-up and bring props.
Difficult words: WonderCon (a big meeting where people talk about stories and imagined things), fandom (when you are in a group of people that really like something), cosplay (when people dress up in costumes as their favourite imagined characters), prop (a thing used in a film, TV show or play).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.