World Surf League – level 2
Big Wave is a competition that is part of the World Surf League. Big Wave recently took place in Mexico. Professional surfers rode huge waves there.
Josh Kerr, an Australian surfer, won the competition. His score was 24.27. American Greg Long finished second with a score of 18.84.
Kerr moved up to the fifth place in the league, and Long moved to the first place. However, there are still two more events in the league.
Difficult words: competition (a situation when you compete – try to win at something), league (a series of competitions), huge (very big).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Do you surf?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.