World’s Best Pastry Chef – level 2
Pierre Marcolini is a Belgian chocalatier who was born in 1964. He worked for famous companies in Belgium and France before he opened his own first shop in 1995. His dream was to change the world of chocolate and to make it more modern.
In his life, Marcolini received several prizes, and recently, World Pastry Stars organized a competition to win the title of the world’s best pastry chef. Marcolini won the title and he proved that Belgium makes the best chocolate.
Marcolini travels the world to find the finest cocoa beans. He speaks to growers and he controls all the steps of making his chocolate. He is one of the few chocolatiers who roast cocoa beans himself. He sells special chocolate gift boxes that cost more than €100 or more than $129.
Difficult words: chocalatier (a person or company that makes and sells chocolate candy), prove (to confirm), fine (of very high quality, making (the steps to make something)).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos