World’s biggest Ikea store – level 1
Ikea is a Swedish company. It makes furniture. It also makes things to decorate homes. The company has more than 460 stores in 60 countries. It just opens its biggest store in the world. The store is 68,000 square meters.
It is in Manila, the capital of the Philippines. The country’s economy is growing. People have more money. They can buy more things. Ikea wants to open a store there for a long time. The coronavirus delays the plan.
Next year, Ikea will open more stores. The company will open more stores in Asia and in South America, too. The first store in South America will be in Chile.
Difficult words: decorate (to make something look nice), economy (all the activities that people do to make, sell, and buy things and services), delay (to make something happen later than is the plan).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.