World’s Biggest Plane – level 3
Late Microsoft co-founder Paul Allen founded Stratolaunch, a company which successfully tested the largest plane by wingspan on Saturday, April 14th.
It weighs 227 metric tons, has six engines, is 61-metres-long and has a wingspan longer than a football field. It is designed to carry a rocket loaded with a satellite 7,620 metres into the air before shooting the rocket into space.
Stratolaunch says the launching satellites like this is more cost-effective, as planes require less fuel than traditional rockets, cheaper infrastructure and equipment, and they are better equipped to fend off weather delays.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.