World’s first backside 2160 – level 2
16-year-old Japanese snowboarder Hiroto Ogiwara was the first person who landed a backside 2160. It is when you turn on your snowboard for six full rotations.
It happened at The Nines, a freestyle skiing and snowboarding event for the world’s top athletes, which took place in Crans-Montana, Switzerland. The event took six days, and Ogiwara did the trick just before it ended.
First, he planned to try a backside 1800. He did well, so he decided to try a backside 2160. Ogiwara’s sixth attempt was successful.
Another Japanese snowboarder named Reira Iwabuchi became the first woman to do a frontside triple 1260, or three and a half rotations.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.