World’s largest sandcastle – level 3
The world’s largest sandcastle has been built in Blokhus, Denmark, setting a new record. The 21-meter-structure was built around a wooden skeleton and it was made of clay, a top layer of glue, and nearly 4,500 tons of Danish sand.
The castle sensitively depicts the COVID-19 pandemic, and it also represents the local culture. With the help of 30 sculptors, a Dutch creator Wilfred Stijger created the sandcastle to represent the power the coronavirus has held over the world. It you look at it closely, at the top of the sandcastle lies a replica of the virus in the form of a crown.
The sandcastle’s open to visitors and it’ll stand in place until the winter. Blokhus holds a popular sandcastle festival in the town every summer, and this year, they’ll be celebrating their upcoming Guinness World Record. The sandcastle beats out the previous biggest sandcastle in Germany by more than 3 meters, according to the Guinness World Records.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.