World’s longest non-stop flight – level 1
Qantas Airways is an Australian airline company. It will start the world’s longest non-stop flight in 2025.
The flight will go from Sydney to London. This flight usually is 24 hours long. Planes must stop for fuel. The new flight will be four hours shorter. It will have fewer seats. It will have more passenger space.
Passengers will pay more money to go on this flight. Qantas Airways orders planes for billions of dollars for this flight.
The company has big money problems in 2020. During the COVID-19 pandemic, the rules change for plane. This situation helps Qantas Airways get more business again.
Difficult words: non-stop (without a stop), fuel (a substance or material that people use to power vehicles and machines), passenger (a person who travels by bus, train, plane, and so on).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos