World’s Protected Land – level 2
A new study found out that protected land around the world is shrinking. Under President Trump, the USA saw the largest reduction in protected land ever.
However, the study says that government proposed 90% of the changes since 2000. Trump is also not the first president to reduce protected land. For example, three American presidents shrank some protected land in Washington.
Around the world, 1.3 million square miles were reduced since 1961. The changes are mostly because of industry.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.