World’s Tallest Bridge – level 3
A suspension bridge in China is set to be the tallest in the world. It towers 565 metres above the valley floor.
The Beipanjiang Bridge connects China’s Guizhou and Yunnan provinces. It will cut driving times between the two from 4 hours down to just one.
The bridge is set to open to traffic before the end of the year. It will add to the collection of high bridges in the area as Guizhou province is home to more of these structures than every other country on earth combined.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.