X allows political ads – level 1
X is a new name for Twitter. X now allows political ads in the US from leaders and political parties. These are candidates for election in 2024.
Elon Musk owns X since October. Since 2019, there are no political ads on Twitter. Things change in January. Some ads are possible in the US now. These ads are about topics like voting. X allows the ads to get more money. X will have a bigger team. More people will check that the information on X is true.
People say that X and other social media do not stop wrong information in big elections. Some people worry about X’s plans. Twitter has problems with cutting jobs and keeping information safe.
Difficult words: ad (a notice or information which helps sell a product or service), candidate (a person who applies for a job or people can vote for him for a job in politics), election (the process when people vote for a person for a job in politics).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What are the potential implications of allowing political ads in X?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.