Yemen is under attack – level 2
Saudi Arabian fighter jets are attacking airports across Yemen, the Arab world’s poorest country.
A black cloud of smoke came from the main airport in Yemen’s capital city. One plane was completely in flames and later local fire trucks doused it with water.
Saudi Arabia first attacked Yemen in March, but now it is thinking about a cease-fire in some areas. This would allow humanitarian aid.
Difficult words: douse (to pour – to put water on something), cease-fire (stopping the fighting for some time), aid (help).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.