Yemen Peace Deal – level 2
Last Tuesday, the Yemeni government signed a deal with the separatists.
The separatists were a part of a coalition in the government, but they wanted to get more control. Their fight for power lasted many months, and the new deal helped to stop the fight.
The Saudi ambassador said that the separatists will be a part of a new government and the government will control their armed forces. The Saudi Crown Prince said that the deal can help end the civil war which started in Yemen four years ago.
Difficult words: separatists (people who want to live independently from a country), coalition (a group of different political parties that work together in a government), armed forces (a country’s soldiers, sailors and pilots).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos