Zoo Has Problems – level 3
A zoo in Indonesia is under heavy criticism again. This comes after the zoo made headlines for starving its animals, and then it closed in 2016 after an elephant died.
Now, a video has emerged of a visitor flicking a cigarette into an orangutan’s living area. The primate picked it up and started smoking. Animal activists are livid and want the zoo to take full responsibility.
Difficult words: starve (not give enough food), flick (throw by using fingers), primate (an animal such as an orangutan, monkey, or a gorilla), livid (furiously angry).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos