Fighter jet crash – level 2
An army fighter jet dropped a bomb on a Syrian town and then the jet crashed. The crash injured many people and it killed at least 27 people because the jet crashed into a busy market place. Most of these people were civilians.
The town is located in the rural Idlib Province, and it fell to a coalition of Islamist rebels in May. The fighting is bad there, as President Bashar al Assad is trying to bring the area under his control.
Difficult words: civilian (not a soldier), rural (in the countryside).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this jet crash?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.