Conditions of Use
1) News in Levels is for adult students of English who want to practise reading and listening and learn English.
2) It is forbidden to copy anything from this website. However, if you are a student, you can copy texts of news from Level 1 and Level 2 for your personal use when you learn English, never for making money. If you are a teacher, you can copy texts of articles for Level 1 and Level 2 for your students but only for teaching in classes. It is forbidden to use the texts from this website for making money. However, it is OK when you make money teaching face to face with your students in classes.
3) We are not responsible for any action which you do when you use this website. We are not responsible for correctness of the website or any simple audio or texts. We are not responsible for anything that happens to you when you use this website and read news in English.
4) We reserve the right to change, correct or delete any information in the Comments or Contact sections. We reserve the right to shorten comments which are more than 100 words long.
5) Pictures on this website are under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike license. Pictures are illustrative only. There is a list of authors of pictures.
6) If you disagree with these conditions, please do not use this website.
7) We are here to help you understand English news. If news in English helps you, we would like to know how it helps you. If the website could be better, we would like to know how it could be better. Please write to us about everything what is important to you. We hope we can have better and better news in English.
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
If you read and listen to two articles every day, your reading and listening skills can improve fast. You can learn quickly and after some time you will not have to translate into your own language. You will simply understand. Why should you do this?
When you listen to people in your native language, you do not translate. You simply understand. The same has to be in English. When you learn English, you have to learn the whole sentences in context.
Students, who translate English texts, do exercises and do tests are very good at translating, doing exercises and doing tests, but they have problems with understanding English in real life. In real life, nobody waits for your translation. People usually use simple English when they speak but they use it fast. You have to understand with no translation to your native language. If you translate, you cannot be part of communication because you are thinking about the language too much. These words are maybe hard to read but they are true.
You also have to hear every new word 5 to 10 times if you want to remember it. That’s why we use the same words in one level. If you read and hear the same words again and again, you will understand them and remember them. If you know words from one level, you can go to a higher level and learn new words. It is important to go step by step, and read and listen to words which are used in English often. This is what we do with our news. In our short news, we use words which are used in English often. Level 1 has the 1000 most important words. Level 2 has the 2000 most important words, Level 3 has the 3000 most important words.
So, if you want to understand English fast and learn fast, read two articles or more a day. You can improve your reading and listening quickly when you read easy English news. We will help you learn English fast and understand it. When you use this website every day, you can learn 3000 words which you need for communication with anybody in English.
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Read all today’s articles and translate all words which you don’t understand.
- Read the articles from the day before and see if you remember all new words.
- Listen to all today’s news.
- Stop the video after every sentence and repeat the sentence.
- Repeat point 2 for the news which you listened to the day before.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them into the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for at least 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.