Lion Kills an American Tourist – level 2
An American tourist was in a car at a game reserve in South Africa. A lioness walked quite slowly towards the car and stopped a metre away. The 22 year-old woman took pictures of it.
The lioness attacked. She bit the tourist through the window which was down. An ambulance was there within minutes, but the woman died.
Tourists are always told to keep the car windows closed, but some do not listen. The driver of the car was also injured, but he will be fine.
Difficult words: game reserve (a safe area for animals), lioness (a female lion).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Do you think the woman was wrong to do this?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.