Paper plane championship – level 2
People held the world paper aeroplane championships in Austria. The event settled three 2015 titles. The titles were for the furthest throw, most aerobatic flight, and the aircraft which flew for the longest time.
Around 46,000 people around the world entered the championships, but five hundred qualifying contests narrowed them to just 200.
The furthest throw was an amazing 53.22 metres. The longest flight was 14.36 seconds long.
Difficult words: championship (an event at which a champion in a sport is found – a person who is the best at the sport), settle (to set), qualifying contest (an event at which people who can come to the final event are chosen).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Do you like to make paper planes?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Read all today’s articles and translate all words which you don’t understand.
- Read the articles from the day before and see if you remember all new words.
- Listen to all today’s news.
- Stop the video after every sentence and repeat the sentence.
- Repeat point 2 for the news which you listened to the day before.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them into the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for at least 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.