2022 climate change solutions – level 2
Around the world, people work on climate change.
Divers try to save Cuba’s broken coral reefs. They make artificial trees and attach small pieces of coral to them. In one year, 400 small pieces of coral can make a reef up to 80 meters long, and it has all the animals in it.
In many parts of the world, people use groundwater. With long droughts, they must plan to store rainwater. In California, United States, fields turned into big ponds to save rainwater. When enough rain falls, people store the water for the times with little rain.
The Mapocho River in Santiago, Chile, used to be very polluted. The government and local people spent 10 years to turn the river into a wetland. Now, it is full of life and it plays an important role as it cleans the air.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.