2022 health news – level 3
Holograms trained medical students and stroke victims used robotic legs; many life-changing health developments happened in 2022.
Cambridge University Hospital and Los Angeles-based tech company GigXR developed an application called HoloScenarios to train medical students. It uses holograms to replace actors who pretend to be sick, which allow trainee doctors to assess patients’ symptoms and treat them without a hospital.
The Da Vinci Xi robot helps doctors perform surgeries in South Africa. An immersive 3D console controls the robot’s four arms in real time for complex procedures such as colorectal and gynaecological surgeries.
A driving simulator teaches teens with ADHD to keep their eyes on the road, which causes safer driving. Participants wear eye-tracking glasses that monitor head and eye movements, and they are alerted when they look away from the road for two or more seconds. At the start, they averaged 22 long glances away from the road per 15-minute drive. Months later, the number dropped to about 15 long glances in the trained group.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.