3D-printed Mars house – level 1
NASA wants to send people to Mars. NASA builds a fake Mars house. It is a 3D-printed house.
Four people will live there for one year. Experts want to know what happens to the team. The team cannot go outside. They will only have a little water to drink. They will grow vegetables inside their house. NASA will study how this affects their bodies and feelings. NASA wants to know how the team gets along. Living in a small house can be difficult.
This is the longest study like this. NASA will tell us who the team is this summer. The trip to Mars will take place in the 2030s.
Difficult words: fake (not real), 3D-printed (when a 3D printer creates something), get along (to be friendly to one another).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What challenges do the four people face in the 3D-printed Mars house over the course of their one year stay?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos