3D-printed Mars house – level 3
NASA plans to send astronauts to Mars; however, before the take-off, the space agency will observe the effects of a four-person crew staying in a simulated Mars habitat for about a year.
The crew will be in isolation and confinement, and experts will try to understand how that will be associated with their health and performance. The crew will have a limited amount of water to drink and will need to grow their own leafy greens and vegetables inside the 3D-printed habitat. Their mental health and social dynamics will also be evaluated. Besides the isolation and the sheer distance, getting along in a small habitat can wear on the astronauts over time. Some various experiments and analogs have been for shorter durations, and there have been a few that will go over a year.
NASA plans to announce the four crew members this summer, and the mission is slated to be sometime in the 2030s.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What significant psychological changes can astronauts experience while confined in a simulated Mars habitat with a limited amount of resources?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.