5G network in Kenya – level 1
Safaricom is a company. It provides 5G technology. It is the first company to start this business in East Africa.
Safaricom has 35 5G sites in Nairobi and other cities in Kenya. The company wants to have 200 sites in spring next year. It does a lot of business with mobile data.
The company wants to do more business with fixed data. The change is not easy. Many smartphones in Africa can’t use the 5G network. New phones are very expensive. Luckily, the prices are going down quickly.
Safaricom wants to make 5G available to more people. One idea is to offer subscriptions. Then people pay some money every month. They get fixed data.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.