66-million-year-old embryo – level 1
Scientists find a special egg in China in 2000. The egg is a fossil. A fossil is a thing that looks like a rock. A fossil can be very old. This egg is millions of years old.
Now the egg is in a museum. Scientists forget about it. People do some building work in the museum last year. Scientists find the egg. They think that there is an embryo inside.
They study the egg very carefully. Inside is an embryo of an oviraptorosaur. The oviraptorosaur is a dinosaur.
The egg is 17 centimeters long. The embryo is 27 centimeters long. Its head is on its belly. Its legs are on either side. This is usual for birds. It is very important information for scientists. Now they are sure that dinosaurs and birds are related.
The oviraptorosaur lives 100 to 66 millions of years ago. It has no teeth. It has feathers like birds.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.