9/11 Firefighters – level 2
A new study found that firefighters who spent any amount of time working in the aftermath of the 9/11 attacks are at a higher risk of developing heart disease.
Firefighters who arrived at the World Trade Center the morning of the attack had a 44% higher risk of developing heart disease than those who arrived later.
The firefighters who worked at the World Trade Center for six months or more were more likely to develop heart disease than those who spent less time at the area.
According to The New York City Fire Department, 200 of its firefighters died of illnesses related to the rescue and recovery efforts from 9/11.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.