9/11 Trail – level 3
Roughly 1,300 miles in length, the 9/11 trail system connects three 9/11 memorial sites in New York, Washington D.C. and Shanksville, Pennsylvania.
Just days after the attacks 19 years ago, David Brickley pitched the idea of creating a trail system that would link the three locations of the 9/11 attacks. Brickley is the founder of the September 11th National Memorial Trail Alliance, and he said that he had to find a way how to meld the Americans´ love for trails and greenways with recognizing the horrific event.
According to Brickley, the biggest challenge was to find ways to connect the 9/11 trail with existing trails and to make it safe for cyclists, runners and hikers who wish to travel the entire length of the trail. Right now, approximately 51% of the trail is off-road, and Brickley and his team hope to create an entirely off-road trail.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.