900 flights to Qatar – level 3
Qatar says it can accept more than 900 daily flights from November 20 until December 18 while it hosts the FIFA World Cup.
In Doha, the country opened its Passenger Overflow Area at Hamad International Airport to provide some World Cup entertainment for passengers. The airport is expected to welcome 1.2 million fans, and Qatar Airways wanted to provide space for them to enjoy when they arrive or depart.
The airline also has a large number of aircrafts on standby for use in the second week of the tournament; more people will bring a huge demand from the winning countries. The airline is ready to operate additional flights to those countries which spike in demand and passenger bookings. The older Doha Airport will also accommodate the influx of visitors.
Difficult words: standby (something available for use when needed), spike (a sharp increase), influx (an arrival of large numbers).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos