A bear gets stuck – level 3
A bear cub in southern Arizona, US, caused a brief power outage after it climbed up a power pole and became stuck.
The utility company in the city of Wilcox was notified that a bear had become tangled in power lines, and workers quickly disabled the power. The workers then climbed into a bucket lift to coax the animal down with a fiberglass stick. The bear bit and grabbed the stick; however, it eventually climbed down on its own, and it retreated to the desert without injury.
It´s the second time in a month that a bear in the state has climbed a power pole.
Difficult words: outage (a period when a service isn´t available), disable (to turn off), coax (to gently ask or encourage someone do something), fiberglass (a strong, light material made of glass and plastic threads).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.