A boat catches fire – level 2
Three British tourists are missing after a scuba diving boat which they were traveling on caught fire in Egypt’s Red Sea.
The incident happened near Marsa Alam. The boat called Hurricane caught fire probably after an electrical problem. Twelve British people and twelve Egyptian crew members got to safety, but the search is still happening to find the three missing tourists. Officials believe that the fire started in the boat’s engine room.
Egypt’s Red Sea resorts are popular among tourists from Europe and they are famous for their diving spots. Egypt has been working hard to bring back its tourism industry after many political problems and the impact of COVID-19.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What measures has Egypt been taking to ensure the safety of its tourists in the wake of the incident?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.