A boy stops a bus – level 1
Dillon Reeves is 13 years old. He is a student from Michigan, United States. Now, he is a hero.
Dillon saves 66 students when their school bus driver cannot drive anymore. A video shows the driver sending a message to officials. The driver is not feeling well. She faints. Dillon sees that. He quickly goes to the front. He takes control of the bus. The boy stops the bus and calls for help. We do not know why the driver gets sick. She never has any problems while driving before.
Dillon’s quick thinking and action stop a crash from happening. People in the town and officials praise Dillon. The boy does not feel like a hero. But his mom and dad are surprised and proud.
Difficult words: faint (to collapse), hero (a brave person), proud (when someone feels pleased with someone’s result or qualities).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What did Dillon do to become a hero?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos