A boy stops a bus – level 2
A 13-year-old student from Michigan, United States, is a hero. He saved 66 students when their school bus driver lost consciousness.
The incident was caught on video, which showed the driver messaging officials about feeling unwell. Then she passed out. Dillon Reeves was sitting five rows back and he noticed the driver’s distress. He quickly jumped to the front and took control of the wheel. He stopped the bus and called for emergency assistance. It is not clear what caused the driver to become sick. She had no previous incidents while driving.
Dillon’s quick thinking and decisive action prevented a possible crash. Local officials and the community praised him and his parents expressed both shock and pride.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What decision-making skills allowed Dillon to take charge of the situation and save 66 students?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.