A Cake Making Cake – level 2
A bakery in England wanted to earn money for a children’s hospital, so it created a big cake covered in marzipan that took 400 hours to create by hand.
The cake itself makes cakes. You can see the ingredients go into the cake, turn into small cakes, go into a small machine, and come out as finished, decorated cakes inside of boxes.
The large cake could feed 2,000 people, but it is on display for charity, as the bakery hopes that more people will get ideas to bake for charity.
Difficult words: marzipan (a soft material people use to make cake decorations), ingredients (the parts in a recipe), charity (an organisation that helps people or places).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos