A cool manoeuvre – level 1
Planes take off at a 10 to 15 degree angle. This is the standard. A plane takes off at almost 90 degrees. This is very special.
The plane is a Boeing 787–9. It is also called the Dreamliner. It is Boeing’s biggest plane.
The manoeuvre happens in the state of Washington, USA.
Difficult words: take off (to get in the air), angle (an angle tells you if the plane goes more upwards or more forward), manoeuvre (a special move).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this plane?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos