A dog in Picasso’s painting – level 1
Art experts find a secret picture in a painting by Pablo Picasso.
There is a brown dog. It has a red bow around its neck. Picasso paints over the dog. Modern technology helps experts see the dog. But people can see the dog’s eyes and ears with the naked eye. The painting is called ’’Le Moulin de la Galette’’. Picasso makes the painting in 1900. He is 19 years old. The painting is at the Guggenheim Museum in New York.
Experts find other secret pictures in paintings by Picasso. He makes these paintings between 1900 and 1904.
Difficult words: secret (something what other people do not know or see), bow (a piece of ribbon around the neck), with the naked eye (without help of glasses or other things).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What other secret pictures did experts find in Picasso's paintings?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos