A dog in Picasso’s painting – level 2
Art experts used modern technology and they discovered a hidden picture in Pablo Picasso masterpiece called ’’Le Moulin de la Galette’’.
Beneath layers of paint, there is a brown dog with a red bow around its neck. The artist completed the work in 1900 when he was 19 years old. The painting is now on display at the Guggenheim Museum in New York. Julie Barten, senior paintings conservator at the museum, explained that Picasso often painted parts of the composition and then later changed them into other things. This is why the dog was hidden.
Researchers discovered multiple hidden paintings in works from Picasso’s “blue period” between 1900 and 1904.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What other hidden paintings have been discovered in Picasso’s “blue period” artwork?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.