A film in space – level 1
Russia is making the first film in space.
An actor and a director travel to the International Space Station. They travel with a cosmonaut. They stay 12 days there. They make parts of the film. They do other parts of the film when they are back on Earth.
The film is called ‘The Challenge’. It is about a cosmonaut at a space station. He has heart problems. A doctor must travel to the station quickly. She must save the cosmonaut.
Hollywood actor and director Tom Cruise wants to make a film in space, too. He will work with NASA and Elon Musk. It seems that Russia is faster than Tom Cruise.
Difficult words: director (a person who tells actors in a film how to play), cosmonaut (a Russian astronaut), space station (a place in space where astronauts live and work).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos