A girl is born to a mother in a coma – level 3
Szilvia from Hungary was admitted to an intensive-care unit with Covid-19. She couldn’t breathe and was put on a ventilator, and then on an artificial lung and kept in an induced coma for 40 days.
The day she was admitted to hospital she also gave birth to her daughter. Her daughter was born by Caesarean section.
Her husband Jozsef cared for the baby while his wife was in hospital, not knowing whether she would make it. At that time, not many patients on ventilators were surviving.
When Szilvia was brought out of a coma, she found out that she had given birth to her daughter. Her doctor said that Szilvia’s survival was miraculous.
Although still suffering from side effects, she is making a good recovery at home with her baby by her side.
Difficult words: induce (to start something by medicine), admit (to allow to enter), Ceasarean section (an operation when doctors take a child from a mother’s belly), make it (to survive).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos