A man opens the door during flight – level 1
Police in South Korea arrest a man. The man opens a door on a plane. It is a big plane. There are 194 people onboard.
The incident happens before the plane lands. The passengers are scared. Strong wind blows at them. The plane lands safely, but the door is still open. Some passengers have problems with breathing. They must go to the hospital.
The man who opens the door is sitting near the emergency exit. He pulls a handle to open it. The police are talking to the man to find out why he does it. He does not want to speak to them.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What legal ramifications might the man face for opening the aircraft door?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.