A man rescued from frozen Michigan lake – level 1
In the United States, a 65-year-old man falls through ice on Arbutus Lake.
A state police officer Kammeron Bennetts is nearby. He uses the man’s dog, Ruby, to rescue him. Bennetts is wearing a camera. He throws a rescue disc. It does not work. He asks the man to send Ruby to him. Bennetts attaches the disc to Ruby’s collar. Then, he pulls the man to safety.
The man must go to the hospital. He is okay now. The police call Ruby a good girl. This shows how quick thinking and teamwork help save a life in a difficult situation.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What role did the police officer use the man's dog for in order to rescue him from falling through ice on Arbutus Lake?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.