A man rescued from frozen Michigan lake – level 3
In Michigan, the United States, a 65-year-old man who fell through the ice on Arbutus Lake was saved through innovative thinking by state police officer Kammeron Bennetts.
Bystanders alerted 911 to the situation, and Bennetts, wearing a body camera, utilized the man’s dog, Ruby, to deliver rescue equipment. The dramatic rescue captured on camera shows Bennetts attempting a throw with a rescue disc, which fails. Bennetts then instructs the man to send Ruby to him. With quick coordination, Bennetts attaches the rescue disc to Ruby’s collar, guiding the man to safety by pulling him onto the icy surface. The man is later taken to the hospital for treatment and released.
The Michigan State Police commended the successful rescue on social media, acknowledging Ruby’s pivotal role.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What innovative and life-saving actions did Officer Kammeron Bennetts take to save the 65-year-old man in Michigan?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.