A Man without Arms and Legs – level 2
Youssef Abu Amira comes from Gaza, Palestine, and he recently got a law degree. There is also something special about him. Youssef was born without legs, and his arms did not develop fully.
Youssef is a strong man, and his disability never stopped him from achieving his dreams. Youssef loves life and he wants to be happy. He took up a new hobby and he started to do karate. Karate is a Japanese martial art in which two people punch and kick each other.
Youssef can punch very hard, and his dream is to compete with other sportsmen on an international level.
Difficult words: disability (a lifelong injury or illness that makes it difficult for a person to do some activities), achieve (to want something and to get it by hard work), martial art (traditional Japanese or Chinese fighting).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos