A mysterious golden object in the ocean – level 1
Scientists find a strange golden object on the ocean floor near Alaska. The object looks like a small ball. Scientists think that it could be an egg from an unknown animal. It could also be a sponge from the sea.
A robot submarine finds it very deep in the water, about 3.2 kilometers down. Scientists are doing tests to learn more about the ball. It feels like soft skin. The scientists use a robot arm to pick it up and take it to a lab.
This happens during a big mission to learn more about the sea in Alaska. Experts are looking at deep-sea animals and rocks. The mission ends on 15 September.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What will the tests conducted by the scientists on the golden object reveal?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.