A New Face – level 1
In December 2006, a man is very sad. He wants to die. He shoots himself in the face. He does not die. Now he wants to live.
His face is destroyed. He wants to fix his face. He wants a face transplant. His doctors find a face donor.
Doctors operate on him for 56 hours. He gets a new face from another man. He gets a new nose, cheeks, mouth, jaw, chin, and even teeth.
Difficult words: destroyed (very broken), transplant (when doctors move a part of a body to another body), donor (someone’s dead which can be used in medicine), cheeks (the ‘sides’ of your face), jaw (the bones for your chin and teeth).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos