A new star – level 1
Scientists find a new star. They first see it in 2018. The star shows light or not every 18 minutes. Now scientists know why. It is a neutron star. A neutron star is very small and heavy. Energy comes out from it regularly.
This star is different from other neutron stars. Scientists have never found a star like it before. They only think that maybe they can find it. They think that this type of star is not visible. Fortunately, the new star is very bright. A student finds it.
This is the only star of this type. Scientists hope that we can see other similar stars.
Difficult words: energy (heat, light, or movement), regularly (when something repeats at the same time every day, hour, month and so on), visible (something that people can see).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos