A painting robot – level 1
FRIDA is a robot. It can paint. It has an arm. A brush is attached to the arm.
An operator tells FRIDA his idea about what to paint. The robot makes a plan. It prepares the right colors. A camera is checking the robot’s work. It is okay if the robot makes a mistake. It includes the mistake in the painting. Artists do the same.
It is hard to say if FRIDA is a painter or not. Painters watch and listen to the world around them. This gives them ideas about what to paint. FRIDA does a similar thing.
Difficult words: attached (connected to something), operator (a person who uses a machine), include (to have something smaller as a part of it).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What does this text say about the difference between humans and robots?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos