A pilot survives a crash – level 1
An F-18 fighter jet crashes at an air-force base in Zaragoza, Spain. It happens during training.
Luckily, the pilot ejects. He escapes before the aircraft crashes. The pilot gets hurt but he is getting better. He is at a nearby hospital. The crash creates a big explosion. People record it on video. Thankfully, there was no other damage. Authorities are working to find out why the accident happens. Spain has several F-18 accidents since 1988. The most recent crash is in 2017. A fighter jet crashes when it is taking off from the Torrejon de Ardoz base in Madrid.
Difficult words: jet (a very fast plane), air-force base (a place where pilots stay and work), explosion (a blowing up with a loud noise).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What steps are being taken by authorities to prevent future F-18 accidents in Spain?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos