A pilot survives a crash – level 3
An F-18 fighter jet crashed during flight-demonstration training at an air-force base in Zaragoza, Spain.
The pilot from Spain’s 15th Wing successfully ejected seconds before the aircraft crashed within the military base’s perimeter, avoiding life-threatening injuries. The impact resulted in a large explosion that was captured on video.
The soldier was taken to a local hospital where he’s recovering from injuries sustained in the accident, the country’s air force said on their social media platforms. The crash didn’t cause any collateral damage, and investigations are underway to identify the cause of the accident.
There have been several accidents involving F-18 aircraft since 1988 in Spain. An engine failure caused another crash near Zaragoza, jets have collided mid-air, plummeted into the sea, and crashed into large birds. The most recent accident occurred in 2017 when a fighter jet crashed during takeoff from the Torrejon de Ardoz base in Madrid.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What safety measures are being taken to prevent similar accidents from occurring in the future?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.