A Plane Crash in Kyrgyzstan – level 3
A cargo plane crashed in a residential area just outside the main airport in Kyrgyzstan. The number of dead people is still rising, but almost 40 people are already believed to have died.
The Turkish Boeing 747 crashed just outside the Manas International Airport, which is located near the capital Bishkek. Many people in the residential area close to the airport, as well as those on the plane, died.
The plane crash destroyed at least 15 buildings and numerous people, including children, have been hospitalized.
The flight was supposed to stop at Manas on the way to Istanbul in Turkey. State TV reported that based on preliminary information, the plane crashed due to a pilot’s error.
Difficult words: cargo (goods and other things on a plane), be supposed to (somebody expects something from somebody or something), preliminary (first but probably not fully accurate), due to (because of).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.