A robot makes fries – level 3
Flippy 2 is an AI robotic fry station developed by automation company Miso Robotics in California, US.
The robot completes all the tasks of cooking fried food for fast food restaurants, so it removes much of the human work. The machine also can cook different meals simultaneously, which removes the need for catering staff, and it hurries the drive-through process.
Flippy 2’s robotic arm is similar to a machine in car plants, and cameras and AI power its manufacturing. When an order comes, the robot automatically receives instructions, it takes a frozen product, fries it for the precise amount of time, and puts the finished product in a box.
According to Miso’s CEO, the robot works faster, more accurately, more reliably, and happier than most humans. Positions at frying stations are the hardest to fill and retain, so the robot doesn’t take workers’ jobs. People are delighted to have the help, so they can do other tasks.
Difficult words: automation (the use of machines and computers instead of people to do a job), simultaneously (at the same time), retain (to keep or continue to have).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos